A Breakthrough in Sneakers!
You Can Go Sockless with
An Eco-Friendly Ultra-Lightweight Shoe Made from 100% Merino Wool
Our editors read about this amazing kickstarter campaign and we wanted to share it with our readers.
Merino Runners were created by GIESSWEIN and they are the first fashion outdoor runners made from 100% pure Merino Wool. The Merino Runners have a timeless, modern design, yet they combine functionality, style, and comfort unlike any other. Made from 100% natural and cruelty-free raw materials, these runners are ultra-lightweight and one of the most breathable shoes on the market.
Their features include:
- Merino Wool 3D Stretch: GIESSWEIN developed the “Merino wool 3D Stretch” specially for this innovation – a lightweight, yet robust wool product that stretches on all sides and adapts to all feet like a second skin.
- Lightweight EVA Sole: Made from the lightest possible material, the EVA sole is soft and smooth with a cushioning effect.
- Bio Based Footbed: The changeable footbed is made from an organic eco Ortholite® formulation, which includes natural plant-based castor bean oil, making these shoes truly soft and comfortable. The footbed is also a renewable resource, reducing the shoe’s ecological footprint.
- Temperature Regulation: The Merino Runners provide ideal temperature regulation with optimum cooling in the summer and a pleasant thermal effect in the winter.
- No Socks Necessary: Thanks to their natural materials and antibacterial fibre structure, the Merino Runners can be worn without socks with no chance of unpleasant odor. With millions of small air chambers in the fabric, there is a natural insulation preventing wearers from sweating.
Durability: With small Merino fibers linked together by the felting process, these runners are also extremely durable.
With over 60 years of experience, Giesswein is a European company based in the Austrian Alps, well-known for producing high-quality and soft 100% wool fabric. After their time in the heart of the Tyrolean Alps, the team was inspired to create a shoe that was not only comfortable, but sustainable.
"We wanted to create an outdoor shoe that is light, comfortable and natural. So we came up with the idea of creating the world's first woolen shoe, made of 100% soft and temperature regulating merino wool. No artificial materials, no polyester, just pure wool around your foot."
--- Markus Giesswein, Sales Director
The Giesswein Merino Runners are currently an affordable $96 USD and available for both men and women in 13 of the latest colors. You will love with these sneakers!
You can order a pair on their kickstarter page